Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tony Taylor Commits To The Naval Academy





Tony Taylor III made his commitment on Never Had It So Good sports radio on his birthday on Friday, August 15th. The 6-foot-5, 275-pound offensive lineman went with Navy and sent a text to GoMids.com saying he was "elated" to have committed. Taylor expanded more on his decision after a scrimmage at Wesleyan School in Peachtree Corners, Ga.

"I believe that the U.S. Naval Academy gives me the best opportunity to serve my country, first and foremost," Taylor said. "Also it provides me with a chance to study Mechanical Engineering, the major I'd like to pursue. I love the football program. I thinks it unsung in many ways. People tend to look over it, but if you look at the facts, they win, and I want to be a part of it.

His five finalist were Virginia Tech, Air Force, Bucknell, Navy, and Cincinnati.

"My Navy offer came in May and I went up for a summer seminar in June where I was able to live as a plebe for a week. It gave me a real taste of what it's going to be like with the benefits to the hardships we'll face, the overall ups and downs. During the visit, I became more confident that this is really what I want to do.

"My summer trip was my fourth to Annapolis. Coach Nuimatalolo wasn't there, but I met when I was there in February. I was able to spend some time with Coach Ingram and Coach Magee. At camp last summer I got to work with Coach Ingram. I'm very confident in his ability. He's not just the offensive line coach, he's also the running game coordinator. I think he's an effective coach. I'm in good hands."

In addition to Taylor's top five schools, he also had offers from Furman, Georgia State, and Georgia Southern. He projects at offensive tackle but said Navy did not specify between tackle or guard. He says he plays both tackle and guard positions at Wesleyan and also rotates in on the defensive line.

Wesleyan, an independent school located in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area, competes in Georgia AA Region 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment