Saturday, June 21, 2014

Austin Kendall Is Taking Advantage Of All The Attention

Austin Kendall is looking to add more offers. And, he has become a consistent standout at camp after camp. The question around the recruiting trail is....."Is he a Tennessee Vol lean?" Well, time will tell. I applaud him for keeping his feelings about that close to the vest. He has plenty of time to make that important life decision. 

This Class of 2016
QB has performed well on the field and the classroom. He will be entering his Jr. season at Charlotte Christian, in Charlotte, North Carolina.  

The 6’2 205 lb athlete is a pro style QB and, he has had success very early.

As a Fr in 2012 he played in nine games. He threw for 1,500 yards and 18 touchdowns, and rushed for over 200 yards and another score.

As a Soph in 2013 he completed 111-of-182 passes for 1,668 yards and 20 touchdowns and rushed for over 300 yards and three touchdowns.

I would say the attention started to grow at that point. But, you can't deny all attention and focus on him right now. He performed well at the Penn State/Georgia State Camp earlier this month. He performed well in Knoxville and may be a serious target by the Vols. 

The Scouting report on Kendall is…
He'll be categorized as a Pro Style guy; but he definitely has the ability to tuck it and run. He had very good footwork and an extremely quick release. His release is crazy good for a 10th grader. He is unbelievable at this point. He's been coached up well. Also, I like the way he keeps his eyes downfield when he moves out of the pocket. Very impressive kid!
Asked about his visit to the Volunteer State, the Tar Heel State QB said, "I thought it was great," Kendall said of the Neyland Stadium atmosphere. "I was there for the Georgia game and that was an amazing game. I loved the atmosphere. It was really loud. It definitely distracts the other team. The coaches gave me good feedback and it was a great time."

For sentimental reasons and the way he grew up, he would like to hear from the Georgia Bulldogs. He tells me his Dad walked on there and he grew up watching them extensively. He is hoping to take a visit to Bulldawg Nation so they can see him up close.

During our interview I also asked about how he would choose a school. I told him I thought his list of offers were getting pretty lengthy. And, I wondered how he would narrow it down. He was very adamant and confident in his response.

He said, “I am looking for several things during the recruiting process. I would like a good relationship with the coaching staff of the school I commit to. I want a school I can identify with, even if I was not playing sports; and of course, I want a school that has the major I am interested in; and a strong academic background.”

I asked him too about his relationship with Coach Tony Ballard. He said, “It’s been very good for me. He is very smart and he has taught me a lot. Our practices have made me comfortable for the games. I am comfortable in my progressions."

Charlotte Christian is right down the road from Columbia, SC. I will make a point of going to see him play this year. He has very good measureables, and I expect him to continue to garner offers. 

I may also take him up on that fishing trip. He seems to think he is good at it. I am inclined to agree with him after taking note of his big catches. He considered going fishing, starting the Summer off right. But, it is obvious all of these programs are impressed with more than his fishing skills right now. 

Good luck Austin....the future is bright for sure.

 Please note....VTO Elite 100 image is courtesy of UnionCounty SportsPix

No comments:

Post a Comment