Monday, September 23, 2013

Tyler Murphy





Well Gatornation, Jeff Driskel is out for the season. I was not pleased with his play this season but, I wanted him to improve. I did not want him to get hurt. In the end though, I wish him well in his recovery. I think he is a nice kid and a tough kid. I just didn't think he showed signs of improvement from one season to the next. 

But, Tyler Murphy! Once he settled in I liked what I saw. I thought he made great decisions and didn't take unnecessary chances and throw into coverage. He actually threw the ball away or he tucked and ran with it. 

I also thought the team rallied around him and responded well. The coaches gave Murphy plays he could manage and the team was able to run the ball against Tennessee. But, it was Tennessee. The Vols are not the same caliber of program in football that they were in early 2000s. 

I am excited to see what the offense looks like with Murphy at the helm in Lexington, Kentucky. He seemed to really settle in with the offense in the second half of the Tennessee game. I am hopeful that will carry over with the Wildcats. 

In looking at the schedule I think we can manage Kentucky and Arkansas and get ready for the true test of LSU. And, btw, the Tigers look like a true contender for SECCG and the National Championship. 

Back to my Gators, I am hopeful the running game continues to improve with Matt Jones, Mack Brown, and Hunter Joyer. I also want our WRs to help out and catch some passes. Solomon Patton made some good plays but, he has dropped some key passes in this season so far. He and Quinton Dunbar could be the difference in our Offensive success. We will have to show we can stretch the field or teams will just load the box and play the run. 

I am hoping Coach Pease can get this together offensively and make a good season out of what our circumstances are at this point. 

This is just about Tyler Murphy. I am hoping the whole team rallies together. The Defense is solid. Can the Offense come along in time to make this a meaningful 2013 for Gator Football?


No comments:

Post a Comment