Wednesday, July 3, 2013

#1 WR In Florida Commits To Clemson





This was the topic in the barber shop this morning. And, I must admit I had not heard of the announcement. But, once I left I did look it up. And, this is what Welcome to Tigernet had to say....
Tarpon Springs, FL (East Lake HS) WR Artavis Scott committed to Clemson during ESPNU's coverage of Nike's The Opening over Florida and Central Florida. 
Scott is a consensus 4-star WR recruit by all the major recruiting services. Scott also had offers from Arkansas, Cincinnati, Florida St., Georgia, Indiana, Iowa St., Kentucky, Miami (FL), Michigan, Mississippi St., Notre Dame, Ohio St., Oklahoma, Oregon, South Alabama, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

He looked very impressive at the 2013 Dabo Swinney football camp. His route running and acceleration were exceptional in drills.
Obviously, this athlete had attention from a lot of programs. And, he did have the attention from the Gators or we would not have offered him. But, I don't think this is someone we will miss. Clemson fanatical Anthony Green provided the news to me and a little trash talking. But, after watching some of his tapes, I think I am okay with what we have at the WR position. This is just Clemson with some get back for the Gators getting Dalvin Cook, RB, Five Stars flip to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment